What Will I Learn?
The Tableau online training course by Learnosign is planned to assist users in dynamic learning about Data visualization using Tableau. The foremost goal of online training for Tableau is to help users gain a working knowledge of Tableau and visualize data into the dashboard using the tools provided by Tableau platform. The Tableau online training provides a basic understanding of Data types, extraction of Data, data blending, adding filters, highlighting data, geocoding, map and image visualization, and many more technical details about Tableau. Learnosign’s online training course for Tableau helps users to culminate an outstanding knowledge of Data visualization using Tableau and develop a technical aptitude to design interactive dashboards based on organizational requirements.
To learn Tableau online, Learnosign provides an all-inclusive preparatory tool for users to gauge the technical expertise in Tableau Desktop. The course offers a varied range of topics meticulously aligned in a specially designed Tableau Learning path. The online Tableau training course assists users from the installation of Tableau Desktop to storytelling using data. To optimize the process of Tableau elearning, the course contains optimal information to adept users with case-based scenarios and real-time examples for concept explanation.
The Tableau certification preparation exam training course by Learnosign has been planned to keep user convenience in foresight. This course helps users gain knowledge from session videos that can be viewed as per user’s comfort. The concise video format enhances the learning process and creates a mind map for faster information retrieval. The reading material covers the knowledge points step by step in a strategically designed Tableau learning path.
About Learnosign’s Tableau Online Training and Certification Course
Learnosign’s online training for Tableau will equip users with precisely detailed information on tools and techniques used to visualize data using Tableau. The users will be provided with essential resources to gauge the functional understanding of Geo-coding, LOD expressions, Quick table calculations, aggregation, interactive dashboard, and additional technical chops. The curated tableau elearning path by Learnosign will accredit users with the ability to effectively design and visualize robust data on Tableau using industry-based best practices.
Learnosign’s online training course will help a user understand the roles and responsibilities of Tableau desktop specialist, and it keeps users abreast of the technological developments in the industry and assists them in comprehending information. With a synchronized training platform, users can crack the Tableau Online Certification Exam like a pro!
What are the key deliverables in Tableau Online Training and Certification Course?
- A basic understanding of fundamental concepts of Tableau Desktop.
- Functional knowledge of Data types, filters, blue and green pills, dimensions, measures, and parameters.
- Proficiently visualize an interactive dashboard based on organizational requirements using industry-based best practices.
- The possession of Tableau Online Certification Exam training course completion certificate.
- Extraction of data using the live connection and offline data.
- In-depth knowledge of dashboard actions, formatting basics, and mapping.
- Operational knowledge of designing an interactive dashboard.
- Technical expertise in storytelling using data.
- Learnosign’s tableau certification preparation completion certification to authenticate the learning.
What are the pre-requisites for Tableau Online Training and Certification Course?
To learn Tableau online, one must have:
- No prior knowledge of programming is required to learn Tableau online.
- No prior working experience with Tableau is required.
- A keen interest in learning Data visualization using tableau is required.
Why Tableau Online Training and Certification Course?
With the advent of AI-ML and mass digitalization of businesses, data has become crucial. And the pandemic has forced everyone to digitalize their operations. With increased digitalization, data is produced 50 times more than in 2015 and with time the user data will be augmented. As a result of the magnanimity of data, data science as a field has evolved to analyze data and develop insights from it. Capturing data and designing it in an interactive dashboard, Tableau proves a highly essential tool for data visualization.
Tableau platform offers to the world:
- With the drag-and-drop option, data analysis has become easier and faster. As reported Lenovo has increased reporting efficiency by 95% with the help of Tableau.
- Pfizer increased organizational efficiency by collaborating between different departments using Tableau.
- Tableau gives a competitive advantage to companies by analyzing data from multiple sources and devise strategic decisions.
- With Tableau, companies can increase customer satisfaction by analyzing data from various sources. Verizon with the help of Tableau identified the pain point and opportunities for improving customer satisfaction.
Who should take the Tableau Online Training and Certification Course?
- Tableau Certification Preparation is a critical resource for IT professionals who want to scale up careers in the Data Science industry.
- Data Analysts can benefit from Tableau Learning to showcase their skills in Data visualization.
- Corporate managers looking for new job opportunities can upscale their skill set by utilizing Learnosign’s online training platform to invite fresh job opportunities in Data science to increase pay scale and growth in a career trajectory.
- The Learnosign’s Tableau online course is for Data science enthusiasts interested in learning about Data visualization using tableau.
Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification
How to test my knowledge of Tableau Online Training and Certification Course?
Users have to create an account with the Tableau platform using their email ID from where they’ll be redirected to a certification page. They can choose the Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification exam from the list of options available by paying a nominal fee of $100 USD (exclusive of taxes).
The exam would be conducted online at test centers or can be proctored by Pearson VUE from home or office location. Candidates can schedule the exam as per their convenience. The format of the question paper is of Multiple-Choice Questions, Multiple response questions, and hands-on.
A total of 30 questions will be asked from:
- Connecting and preparing Data
- Understanding tableau concepts
- Exploring and analyzing data
- Sharing insights
Passing score: 70%
Time Duration: 60 minutes
Module1 - Introduction to Data Visualization and Power of Tableau
- 1.1 What is data visualization?
- 1.2 Comparison and benefits of reading raw numbers
- 1.3 Real usage examples from various business domains
- 1.4 Some quick powerful examples using Tableau without going into the technical details of Tableau
- 1.5 Installing Tableau
- 1.6 Tableau interface connecting to Data Source
- 1.7 Tableau Data Types
- 1.8 Data preparation
Module2 - Architecture of Tableau
- 2.1 Installation of Tableau Desktop
- 2.2 Architecture of Tableau
- 2.3 The interface of Tableau (Layout, Toolbars, Data Pane, Analytics Pane etc)
- 2.4 How to start with Tableau?
Module3 - Working with Metadata & Data Blending
- 3.1 Connection to Excels, PDFs, and Cubes
- 3.2 Managing Metadata and Extracts
- 3.3 Data Preparation and dealing with NULL values
- 3.4 Different types of Data Joins (Inner, Left, Right, Outer) and Union
- 3.5 Cross-Database joining, Data Blending, Data extraction
- 3.6 Refresh extraction, Incremental extraction, How to build extract?
Module4 - Creation of sets
- 4.1 Marks, Highlighting, Sort and Group
- 4.2 Working with Sets (Creation of sets, Editing sets, IN/OUT, Sets in Hierarchies)
- 4.3 constant sets, computed Sets, and bins
Module5 - Working with Filters
- 5.1 Filters (Addition and Removal)
- 5.2 Filtering continuous dates, dimensions, measures
- 5.3 Interactive Filters, marks card, and hierarchies
- 5.4 How to create folders in Tableau?
- 5.5 Sorting in Tableau, Types of sorting
- 5.6 Filtering in Tableau, Types of filters
- 5.7 Filtering order of operations
Module6 - Organizing Data and Visual Analytics
- 6.1 Formatting Data (Labels, Annotations, Tooltips, Edit axes)
- 6.2 Formatting Pane (Menu, Settings, Font, Alignment, CopyPaste)
- 6.3 Trend and Reference Lines
- 6.4 Forecasting, k-means Cluster, Analysis in Tableau
- 6.5 Visual analytics in Tableau, Reference lines and bands, Confidence interval
Module7 - Working with Mapping
- 7.1 Coordinate points, Plotting Longitude and Latitude
- 7.2 Editing Unrecognized Locations
- 7.3 Custom Geo-coding, Polygon Maps
- 7.4 WMS: Web Mapping Services
- 7.5 Background Image (Add Image, Plot Points on Image, Generate coordinates from Image)
- 7.6 Map visualization, Custom territories, Map Box, WMS Map
- 7.7 How can we create map projects in Tableau?
- 7.8 How to create Dual Access Map?
- 7.9 How to edit location?
Module8 - Working with Calculations & Expressions
- 8.1 Calculation Syntax and Functions in Tableau
- 8.2 Types of Calculations (Table, String, Logic, Date, Number, Aggregate)
- 8.3 LOD Expressions (concept and syntax)
- 8.4 Aggregation and Replication with LOD Expressions
- 8.5 Nested LOD Expressions, Level of Details, Fixed Level of Details
- 8.6 Lower Level of Details, Higher Level of Details, Quick Table Calculations
- 8.7 How to create Calculated Fields?
- 8.8 Predefined Calculations and how to validate?
Module9 - Working with Parameters
- 9.1 Create Parameters, Parameters in Calculations
- 9.2 Using Parameters with Filters
- 9.3 Column Selection Parameters
- 9.4 Chart Selection Parameters
- 9.5 How to use Parameters in Filter Session?
- 9.6 How to use parameters in Calculated Fields?
- 9.7 How to use parameters in Reference Line?
Module10 - Charts and Graphs
- 10.1 Dual Axes Graphs, Histogram (Single and Dual Axes), Box Plot, Pareto Chart, Motion Chart, Funnel Chart
- 10.2 Waterfall Chart, Tree Map, Heat Map, Market Basket analysis
- 10.3 Using Show me, Types of Charts, Text Table, Heat map, Highlighted Table
- 10.4 Pie Chart, Tree map, Bar chart, Line Chart, Bubble Chart, Bullet chart, Scatter Chart
- 10.5 Dual Axis Graphs, Funnel Charts, Pareto Chart, Maps
Module11 - Dashboards and Stories
- 11.1 Build and Format a Dashboard (Size, Views, Objects, Legends, and Filters)
- 11.2 Best Practices for Creative and Interactive Dashboards using Actions
- 11.3 Create Stories (Intro of Story Points, Creating and Updating Story Points, Adding Visuals in Stories, Annotations with Description).
- 11.4 Dashboards & Stories, what is Dashboard
- 11.5 Filter Actions, Highlight Actions, URL Actions
- 11.6 Selecting & Clearing values
- 11.7 Dashboard Examples, Best Practices in Creating Dashboards
- 11.8 Tableau Workspace, Tableau Interface
- 11.9 Tableau Joins, Types of Joins
- 11.10 Live vs. Extract Connection
- 11.11 Tableau Field Types
- 11.12 Saving and Publishing Data Source
- 11.13 File Types
Module12 - Integration of Tableau with R and Hadoop
- 12.1 Introduction to R Language
- 12.2 Applications and Use Cases of R
- 12.3 Deploying R on Tableau Platform
- 12.4 Learning R functions in Tableau; Integration with Hadoop